PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Contract Type: 12-month contract
The Senior PC & Network Testing Specialist is a testing professional whose role is to innovate and execute testing techniques around PC compatibility and performance operations. At the direction of the Global and Regional Service owners, this role works with the Lead PC Compatibility Test Specialist to execute global PC Compat testing operations.
The general purpose of the Test Specialist role is to support the Lead PC Compat Test Specialist (and the larger team) in ensuring the application of a global testing strategy. Tasks will include reporting key information info to the lead, service owners, functional title leads, and other development stakeholders.
- Provide high-quality testing support for PlayStation Studios and SIE PC game products
- Performing PC compatibility testing processes
- Highlighting and raising testing risks to global and regional service owners, Lead Compat Specialists, and Global/regional PC Compat Service owners.
- Communication and demonstration of PC Compatibility testing techniques
- Applied process improvement & new process initiation to support Network and PC Compat testing process, with a specific emphasis on PC titles.
- Engages in collaborating on and promoting new test strategies between project subject areas, including Functional Testing teams, Engineering groups, and other service providers.
What you'll be doing:
- Execution and communication of PC Compat test results for all assigned projects
- Daily review and reporting on QA Lab testing status or progress
- High level of defect detection
- Ensure defect/issue tracking is accurate and up to date
- Daily workload may include multiple titles across multiple platforms
- Continued learning and development of subject matter expertise; Network and PC Compatibility and performance testing applied to multiplatform title development
- Consistent collaboration with peer group and applicable department teams to ensure alignment, knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within PlayStation Studios QA
- Maintaining, advancing and promoting knowledge in the field of quality assurance
- Risk analysis on assigned titles and/or new services or processes
- Use knowledge, research and data to constantly improve PlayStation Studios QA
- Building & maintenance on various PC configurations
- QA Lab staff; global/regional Compatibility Testing Service Owners, Test Leads, Senior Testers, Testers
- Acts with maturity
- Can interact appropriately and collaborate with people across the business
- Receives constructive feedback
- Clear and effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Understands different personalities and can find common ground easily
Wider Business Awareness
- Helps to realize departmental / business needs and goals
- Proactively shares knowledge to benefit others
- Seeks answers or searches for those who can help
- Outlines and articulates risk
Testing Knowledge and Process
- Experience in testing with a wide knowledge of testing methodologies
- Demonstrates success in the specialty test subject areas of Network and PC Compatibility and performance testing
Proactivity / Initiative
- Asks the right questions
- Trusted to work autonomously
- Makes pertinent suggestions without prompting
- Doesn’t let fear of failure prevent innovation
- Experience with PC title testing
- Enthusiastic understanding of PC gaming hardware and the associated technologies
- Exceptional testing ability
- Excellent knowledge of testing processes
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Good general awareness of QA and games industry
- PC title QA testing experience
- Experience / understanding of GPU video graphics cards and display resolutions
- Experience with computer components and building PCs
- Enthusiastic understanding of consumer entertainment industry and home consumer electronics markets developments
- Knowledge of Development QA process
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working (within Flexmodes)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United Kingdom, Liverpool
Country: United Kingdom