Magic Leap is looking for an enthusiastic Senior, Optical Engineer with expertise in polarization. The ideal candidate will have experience in the development of novel optical systems using complex polarization. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary areas of optical design and testing, device fabrication, display technologies, image processing, and color sciences.
This role is based on our Boulder, CO office and will require you to come into our office regularly.
- Contribute to the optical design with emphasis on polarization components for augmented reality display systems.
- Specify component and system level performance metrics to achieve product goals.
- Optimize optical performance of LC based systems.
- Perform characterization and analysis of polarization components and LC devices.
- Design, assemble, and verify performance of specialized polarization metrology tools.
- Support team members in a multidisciplinary environment throughout the product life cycle
- Experience in the field of optics with a strong emphasis on shepherding devices through iterative stages of design, fabrication, bench assessment/metrology, and field assessment.
- Strong working knowledge of polarization metrology methods and instrumentation.
- Experience developing novel instruments and/or methods for both objective assessment of polarization optics and system.
- Strong knowledge of LC devices, manufacturing, and characterization methods including LCOS panels.
- Proficiency in one or more scientific computer languages (e.g. Matlab, Mathematica, C/C++/C#, Python, etc.).
- Should have experience in commercial optical design software tools (e.g. LightTools, Zemax, etc. )
- Creative/analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- M.S./Ph.D. in optical engineering, physics or a related field Or B.S. with 5+ years proven experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
Location: Boulder, CO; Austin, TX
Country: ,United States,United States
Date found: 2023-03-17