PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Operations Program Manager
In this role, you will lead manufacturing and production operations initiatives for several high-profile products from early development stages through release into mass production. As a leader within our development team, you will build and maintain positive working relationships between technical teams, contract manufacturing partners and business/product owners to deliver on strategic product development initiatives.
A successful Staff Operations Program Manager is energetic, detail oriented, motivated and an excellent communicator. They should be familiar with the various stages product development, operations and logistics planning and program/project management methodologies.
The successful applicant is:
- Experienced in manufacturing, process engineering, logistics, strategic component sourcing, risk mitigation and/or supply chain management.
- Results oriented with attention to detail and a strategic long term planning perspective
- Proficient at addressing various partners from individual contributors, up through senior leadership.
- Technically proficient and has prior contract manufacturing partner management experience.
- Familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes and techniques
- A liaison to vendors and technical teams to design, develop and deliver products on time and within budget
- Familiar with product lifecycle management methodologies
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Self-motivated with incredible attention to detail
- Deep understanding of supply chain, logistics, sales forecasting and component procurement standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be inventive and seek solutions through information gathering, partner discussions, and/or judgment calls
- Experience in the video game industry is not required, but interest and passion for gaming, digital entertainment, consumer electronics, and technology is a plus
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or engineering related fields preferred. Masters or MBA are a plus.
- 10+ years of validated experience in product development or manufacturing operations related roles with a strong background of supporting the development of new consumer electronic devices
- Significant prior experience with ERP/MRP systems and logistics and supply chain planning
- Strong working knowledge of hardware product safety and regulatory compliance certifications (FCC, CE etc.) process and requirements.
- Leading overseas manufacturing partners in planning and performing development builds and new product development stages
- Building and maintaining approved vendor lists (AVL) and bill of materials (BOM) to ensure part availability, quality and cost for each development stage.
- Capable of leading operations schedules, production planning and materials readiness efforts to meet product development landmarks.
- Coordinating production readiness with engineering, operations, and internal/external teams
- Evaluating capacity planning and production throughput estimations
- Communicate requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with supply chain and establish teams.
- Proficient with MS Office suite especially Project and Excel
- Team environment; feels like a start-up within a large organization
- Travel (domestic and international) required. Estimated 15%
- Individual Contributor: Does not have direct supervisory responsibilities nor budgetary or hiring accountabilities
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Mateo, CA
Country: United States