WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Trust & Safety
What We Do
The Epic Trust and Safety team provides a safer experience for Epic users. We work across multiple products and services to improve technology and craft transparent policies so our players and users can have positive experiences on our platforms.
What You'll Do
The Epic Games Trust & Safety Team is looking for an operations manager who can help define and implement processes at scale, lead a diverse 24/7 staffed team that upholds policies within the Fortnite community and the other various products the Trust & Safety Team supports, and investigate abstract situations in a dynamic environment. The Operations Manager should be comfortable with difficult content that agents are moderating, including hateful content, violent content, CSAM, etc. In addition to comfort level with the content, the Operations Manager should have care and sensitivity when communicating these types of situations to various parties.
The Operations Manager should be able to motivate and lead a team of agents while also performing (in partnership with our data scientists) the analysis work needed to assist agents in their day-to-day work or make other various long term operational calls. A successful Operations Manager will not only drive daily operations but also build and improve operational process and efficiency. Good judgment and the ability to quickly make decisions in highly ambiguous situations are critical to success. We need an Operations Manager with a flexible approach to problem solving and who strives to adapt business and operational processes to best serve our customers in various rapidly evolving online services and environments.
In this role, you will
- Provide management, oversight, and direction to remote agents on a 24/7 staffed team
- Stay up-to-date on and work within established business guidelines with vendor Managed Services provider
- Work with key stakeholders to craft policies that can be operationalized while ensuring customer safety and encouraging service growth
- Manage a notification and change process as new policies and processes are implemented
- Coordinate with partner teams to continuously improve operational processes via tooling, telemetry, and communications
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements to identify gaps and opportunities for efficiency gains
- On-call for 24x7 imminent threat escalations
What we're looking for
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing a 24/7 operation
- Experience crafting & implementing processes
- Business Analysis skills
- Basic Knowledge of Tableau reports and usage (or other data visualization tools)
- Basic Knowledge of Jira (or other bug tracking software)
- Basic Program Management Skills including handling multiple projects and creating and improving team processes, tools, and efficiencies
- Experience drafting SOWs for new projects and contracts
- Experience with start-up scaling and maturing existing operations
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America including but not limited to:
Cary, North Carolina
California (multiple locations)
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed