PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Network Systems Engineer
As a member of the IT Network Engineering team you will be building and maintaining global enterprise network systems to ensure a consistently excellent network user experience to PlayStation’s employees around the world.
- Respond to support tickets and inquiries from our IT NOC and service desk teams.
- Leverage networking tools to identify, and mitigate network anomalies.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and validation of enterprise network solutions.
- Participate in vendor selection of network products.
- Maintain physical network component standards (e.g. network facilities, network media, network device peripherals, etc.).
- Uphold SIE’s standard reference network architecture.
- Uphold SIE’s network security standards.
- Rack, build, and configure network appliances at SIE offices and data centers.
- Travel to domestic and international SIE offices and data centers.
- Mentor Junior and Associate engineers regarding SIE’s enterprise network standards and industry trends.
- 5 + years of experience in building and maintaining enterprise network solutions.
- Experience building and maintaining wireless, switching, firewalls, VPN infrastructure.
- Intermediate understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc).
- Experience implementing common routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
- Experience implementing zone based firewalls and configuring security policies.
- Familiarity with Juniper QFX, EX, and SRX series platforms.
- Experience with Pulse Secure remote access VPN.
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls, central management through Panorama.
- Experience with Network Access Control solutions.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Experience with integrating networks from acquisitions.
- Knowledgeable with AWS Networking concepts.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed