Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
As a Network Programmer here at Sumo Video Games, your primary responsibility is to design and implement low level network systems and implement network game play, perhaps even on occasion enable network game play to be developed.
The role requires a strong communicator with a high-level understanding towards game technology production. You must be adaptable with the flexibility to juggle multiple projects and streams of work that have common technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Develop technical design specifications, implement and test plans
- Test, debug and take a lead on revising new or legacy engine network systems
- Play a role in the development of network systems appropriate to a given game
- Implement and support other network features as required by a given game's target platform or platforms
- Complete profiling, performance-analysis, performance tuning
- Research state of the art techniques and contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game networking
- Work with Technology Programmers, Development Directors, QA Testers and game project production staff throughout various points of the game production life cycle
- Meet production schedules and deadlines
You should have:
- High proficiency in C/C++
- Extensive console programming experience on shipped AAA titles
- Excellent debugging and communication skills
- Practical experience with 3D maths
- Worked with at least one console network API
- Previous experience developing network game play
- Experience with source control systems
We will also need you to:
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Have personal standards as demonstrated in quality and pride of work
- Create complex systems from start to finish
- Quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
- Take direction and absorb feedback
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Show professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
- Be self-motivated
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours
· Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
· Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
· 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
· Five Learning days each year,
· 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
· Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
· Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
· Competitive bonuses
· Relocation Assistance
· Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
· Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
· Timely care packages
· Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
· Employee Assistance program
· Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
· Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed