PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Senior Network Programmer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Network Programmer to contribute to our development process on a AAA game. This position specializes in specific areas of programming that center around the support of low-level network issues (ex: TCP, UDP, etc.), multiplayer engine design/architecture, PSN platform services, digital rights management, patching and digital commerce.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the game’s design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues.
- Collaborate with the production team to develop aspects of the specified game-play experience from a technical perspective.
- Provide input and/or develop the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle, from pre-production through final product release.
- Maintain a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule or game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to managers.
- Manage requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry in specialized area of personal expertise.
- Professional experience within the game industry.
- Professional experience in network/systems programming using C/C++.
- Would consider C# or Java alternatively.
- Network architecture and low-level network protocols (ex: TCP, UDP, rUDP, etc.).
- Strong 3D Math skills.
- Strong C/C++ experience
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Game console experience.
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Network game development for game consoles and/or Network client application programming for embedded, desktop or mobile environments.
- Data security with untrusted clients, bandwidth optimization and packet shaping, load balancing and/or host selection in a dynamic environment.
- Security and authentication techniques like DRM, SSL/crypto, etc.
- Research new hardware platforms and related APIs.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Remote
Country: United States