PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
- Engage across a variety of teams such as Network Architecture, Operations, Service Reliability Engineering and Product Developers to contribute to the design and implementation of new network infrastructure and services that meet our customer’s requirements and needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the design and development of network automation systems to support new network services as well as allow continual improvement of our existing systems.
- Leverage strong network engineering fundamentals and practical experience to ensure our solutions are innovative yet grounded in best practices when it comes to operational scalability and reliability.
- Guide and mentor mid-level and junior network engineers in their technical development.
- 5+ years of progressive experience supporting large-scale telecommunications environments in a service provider (CDN/ISP/NSP/Carrier), data center, the financial or large enterprise network.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (IP routing, basic concepts of dynamic routing, policy-based routing decisions)
- Proficient in the Python programming language
- Strong understanding of distributed system architectures built as an event-driven micro-service
- Experience with at least 3 of the following:
- Reading, interpreting, and working with telemetry, SNMP, sFlow, IPFIX data
- CI/CD pipelines / Configuration Management (Salt, Ansible, Jenkins, Gitlab or similar)
- Kubernetes, Docker, or other containerized deployments
- REST, gRPC, or message broker systems (ZeroMQ, NATS, Kafka, or similar)
- Understanding test-driven development (TDD), software testing and deployment strategies
- Working and understanding distributed code development workflows (git)
- Software process and release management
- Remote orchestration of network devices (Netconf, OpenConfig, GNMI, or similar)
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Experience in service provider environments involving IS-IS, MPLS, IPv6, and L2/L3 VPN services (MP-BGPG).
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with fabric networking/CLOS type networks
- Experience with Juniper MX, QFX, SRX, and EX series platforms
- Experience with Arista 7xxx series platforms
- Practical experience building automation tools for large infrastructures.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: Germany, Berlin