WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
WHO YOU ARE
ArenaNet is looking for an experienced Environment Prop Artist to join our team and help us create expansive, beautiful worlds. In this role, you will be responsible for creating natural and architectural props as well as player-purchased and player-earned items.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with concept art, designers, map artists, and the art director to transform high level concepts into real world assets for the game.
- Proactively seek feedback regarding style, mood, and functionality.
- Create assets using a combination of commercial and proprietary tools.
- Light FX work
- Light animation
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 3+ years of professional experience as a prop artist in the games industry
- Strong portfolio with 3D samples that shows expertise in creating both natural environment assets and those used in architectural settings.
- Proficiency in Maya (preferred), Max, Photoshop, Zbrush and Substance Painter. Substance Designer and Houdini a plus.
- Fast iteration skills.
- Experience with PBR art creation workflows a plus.
- Have the flexibility to be able to work on a variety of assets from hard surface to organic.
- Passion for games and the game creation process.
- Fun to work with.
Total compensation is salary plus an annual bonus potential. Please note that the listed pay range is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final salary. This role is also eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), flexible and dependent care spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Country: United States