The Senior Marketing Manager will lead Magic Leap’s Event Marketing and Experiential programs with a focus on creating experiences that showcase how our products offer valuable enterprise solutions through our extensive partner ecosystem. This person will oversee all aspects of event and meeting planning which includes leading strategy, planning, and execution, with various inputs and deliverables from internal and external partners. You will partner with cross functional teams including, Brand, Partnerships, PR/ Corporate Communications, Business Development, Commercial, Growth and Development teams to define and establish our brand voice and drive new partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of successfully building and executing events, trade shows, B2B and B2C experiences, campaigns,, sales meetings and other brand activations in alignment with core marketing objectives. The role requires someone with experience in evaluating sponsorship and partner marketing opportunities.
- Reporting to the Director, Event Marketing this Sr. Marketing Manager will work closely with cross functional stakeholders to identify key tentpole industry events and curate new experiences to help develop our global event strategy.
- Responsible owner to execute all aspects of producing events, brand activations and growth or partnership meetings in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Negotiate & execute: event sponsorship agreements, venue & hotel contracts, vendor management contracts, production partner agreements for marketing collateral creation
- Responsible for processing event related PRs and invoices in a timely manner
- Foster strong working relationships with industry partners & event producers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create and implement process via event management documents & tools including: event overview briefs, decks, creative deliverable trackers, timelines, ROS and budgets
- Responsible for leading and driving communication streams as it pertains to event planning (Kick Off Mtgs, All Hands Mtgs, Post Mortem Mtgs, etc)
- Vendor management for exhibit house, agency and other production partners
- Collaboration and ideation for growth and other partner marketing programs that drive global brand awareness
- Owner of event internal and external communications – ability to keep stakeholders informed on event planning milestones and strategy through clear and concise communications
- Collaborate with peers on the marketing team to integrate and leverage partner activities and platforms
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to promote our shared endeavors and evangelize mixed reality through co-marketing opportunities
- Stay on the pulse of event, marketing and media trends and contribute new innovative, breakthrough ideas that help showcase the company, products and partners
- Support Brand team in developing creative assets and marketing collateral that will amplify our event programming, build brand affinity, drive lead generation and foster new developer relationships
- Lead & execute both live, in-person and virtual events and webinars
- Passionate about AR & XR industry
- 7+ years of event or experiential marketing experience, preferred if you have experience in live and virtual event production, brand or partner marketing and/or technology and gaming.
- Experienced professional who thrives in fast-paced environments, with an ability to adapt to change
- A track record of building consensus and delivering high-impact global events and experiences (Including: B2B / B2C events, trade shows, user conferences, sales summits, partner marketing events, thought leadership opportunities, etc)
- Metrics driven
- Proven ability to develop strategy, implement process and execute day-to-day tactics
- Passion for inspiring and creating impactful B2B events and experiences
- Fearless curiosity, ownership, and accountability
- A clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Creative and solutions oriented, with growth mindset
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with changes in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent people skills with an upbeat, enthusiastic attitude and a professional maturity suitable for a B2B environment
- Results oriented; takes initiative with minimal supervision in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with Google Suite products (google slides, sheets, etc) and Atlassian project management tools a plus
- Heavy global and domestic travel required, with ability to work on weekends and extended hours
- BA/BS in Events Hospitality, Experiential / Marketing, Corporate Communications, Business or equivalent preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.