PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager (Publishing), Business Change & Project Management
San Mateo, CA (onsite/hybrid)
This role will require onsite collaboration work at PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA.
Join PlayStation’s Direct to Consumer (D2C) businesses - PS Store, Services & PS Direct - to continue to deliver substantial growth and operate in a state of continual change, driven by technology enablement and new business opportunities. As part of the Business Change & Project Management team, we’re looking for a Senior Manager, responsible for supporting D2C with change delivery.
This person will be central in how game and subscription content is published across our global storefronts, striving to deliver improved tooling for our partners and operators. You will support new strategic and platform wide projects and manage business updates from a legal and regulatory perspective. If you are an expert manager with strong Project Management skills who can help drive standard processes across global teams as well as lead projects end to end themselves, please apply!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead two teams with individuals across three global locations (UK, US and Japan), setting team objectives, delegating assignments, running workloads and prioritizing specific projects
- Sets direction of the team, leading by example with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Responsible for team health, conducts regular reviews and works with individuals on development plans
- Ensures teams are following standard methodologies for the effective management of change projects, which could be initiated from, SIE strategy, new technology, or partner/internal requests
- Acts as part of the wider Business Organizational change team, chipping in to and implementing departmental plans
Project delivery & business readiness
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Digital Publishing projects into D2C teams
- Allocates individuals to projects and ensures project results are achieved
Documentation & execution of project plans
- Ensures a consistent approach to Business Readiness across the team
- Sets clear direction for the team on how to approach tooling and operational improvements and turn these into plans that feed into tooling strategies
Communication & collaboration
- Collaborate with PPM & D2C collaborators to ensure the portfolio is prioritized and projects support D2C Goals
- Proactively develops positive relationships across the business (D2C, PMO, PPM)
- Seeks to build and share knowledge of the PS Store & Platforms across the team
- Regularly interacts and confident with making pitches to senior collaborators to provide project updates
- Ensures team members are clear on their role and responsibilities for their own projects, providing mentorship, unblocking issues and raising risks to management
- Creates time to assesses performance, enacting plans to learn from experience
- Has the ability to reflect on situations, challenge the status quo, and present alternatives at all levels
What we’re looking for:
- At least 7 years' experience of end-to-end project delivery in a digital environment
- At least 7 years’ experience managing teams, preferably in a global organization
- Strong experience applying, and implementing across a team, best practices throughout a project lifecycle; a proactive manager who adopts change and a desire to continually improve
- Experience leading senior project collaborators and deploying Organizational Change techniques
- Experience leading multiple active projects and balancing resources in line with business priorities
- Strong communication skills, a proactive demeanor, with a delivery mindset
- Ability to drive collaborative behaviors within a team
- As the role is global, some international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
- E-commerce industry background
- Knowledge of the games industry and latest commercial trends
- Formal Project Management (Agile, PPM) or Change Management (PROSCI) qualification
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed