PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, People Programs
San Mateo, CA or Remote (Working PST hours)
The Global People Operations team strives help ensure efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to build People-related strategies across the business. We build project management capability across our function and drive execution and delivery. This individual will work closely with the cross-functional HR and client group teams to lead a wide variety of operational projects, processes remaps, system redesigns, and strategic programs. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a positive demeanor, and exhibits patience, teamwork, critical thinking, and problem solving.
With both a strategic lens and passion for detail, you will support a diverse array of projects from origination through final implementation. Roles and responsibilities, key landmarks, timelines, and communications will need to be coordinated and supervised to ensure successful delivery. We’re looking for a leader with a growth approach and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to deliver!
Work you’ll do
As a driver of People Programs, you will:
- Lead programs by staying aligned on program scope, planning, as well as aligning one or more teams on vision, business goals, creating program structure, and securing cross-functional alignment
- Partner with cross-functional teammates to drive workgroup alignment meetings to address tactical release issues, dependencies, team status, production issues, metrics review, achievements, etc.
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with a sense of urgency that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals
- Create and drive robust change management plans
- Provide monthly program reviews and updates at sprint reviews (deep dive into current state of project goals, risks, blocking issues)
- Collaborate cross-functionally on full life cycle process evaluation and continuous improvement activities. Partner with project team(s), technology team, outsourcing partner and SMEs across HR and the business to develop and implement key strategies to improve overall HR execution
- Analyze and assess existing service delivery workflows, investigate trends and perform best practice benchmark gap analysis. Partner with internal team members to bring well thought out recommendations to senior leadership. Efficiently implement approved strategies
- Perform analytics to define level of impact and use outcomes to prioritize projects. Create ongoing dashboards and measures for operational delivery and engagement with strategic partners in HR and the business as required to demonstrate accountability, strategy, and continuous improvement
- Provide appropriate escalation, anticipate and make appropriate delivery trade-offs, balancing business requirements versus technical constraints, with an eye toward maximizing benefit to the business
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning
- 6+ years Program Management/People Operations/Human Resources/Compensation experience
- Tried experience driving cross-functional global projects independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thought leadership, partner management, and collaborate effectively across the organization and influence partners at all levels to achieve results
- Experience exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- Experience standardizing integration processes and documenting for future usage
- Demonstrated experience to work professionally and discreetly with extremely confidential information
- Experience dealing with ambiguity at all times, and understanding and reacting quickly to changing priorities even when not all the information is available
- Thrives in organizations in the midst of change
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pay strong attention to detail to ensure high quality results
- Sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to take things to the next level
- Microsoft Office skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Word, Teams)
- Experience at a fast-paced, high growth Tech company
- Experience with Workday (or alternate HRIS system) & Greenhouse
- Broad understanding of HR processes
- Global experience working internationally, broad understanding of country and business nuances
- Bachelor's degree
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Mateo, CA
Country: United States