PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
San Mateo, CA (Collab)
The Global Partner, Development and Relations (GPDR team) brings together staff from around the world, who are passionate about working to select the most sought after 3rd party games to play on PlayStation’s products. Our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best catalog of titles to our customers.
We seek a Sr. Manager, Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) to serve as the thought partner to the SVP, of GPDR and his leadership team. A passion for business, gaming and people strategy is crucial to success. You will independently build and implement the human capital plan (HCP) to deliver measurable business impact in a dynamic, globally matrixed environment. You will report to the Sr Director, People, HRBP who leads all global corporate functions. You’ll also play a critical role in the People team’s evolution to our global shared services model.
- Understand business and strategic objectives and develop a HCP to provide solutions to business needs.
- Create an organizational design that connects capabilities to deliver business strategy.
- Identify capability gaps then work with the talent enablement team to strengthen the organization via initiatives and projects.
- Partner on People initiatives and implementing new processes across GPDR to drive increased organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Own the people-side of transformation projects including but not limited to organizational and sales plan design.
- Lead all aspects of workforce planning to include regular collaboration with talent acquisition and talent enablement to ensure business needs are realized.
- Partner with People Analytics to review trends and predictively identify issues and opportunities with a data-driven, evidence-based approach.
- Instill DE&I as an ever-present focus, challenging the status quo and advocating and supporting diversity initiatives that improve market penetration and attract and creating a diverse team.
- Strengthen senior leaders through 1:1 coaching to continue to refine their leadership capabilities.
Required knowledge and experience:
- 10+ years progressive HRBP experience including successfully influencing senior leaders and achieving results in a sophisticated, global business environment
- Direct ownership of creating and delivering an HCP to include enacting organizational design to support business transformation.
- Natural relationship builder—able to build and develop relationships with leaders and employees throughout the organization
- Outcome oriented leader with a bias for action who owns and drives things forward to resolution while managing competing initiatives while honoring the pace of the business and leaders for change.
- Experience in using data to report and drive relevant success metrics across the People agenda.
- Experience in partnering with Global HR Shared Services team to support employees and business.
- Experience in developing and leading change management initiatives at all levels of GPDR.
- Comfortable in leading with influence vs authority.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Mateo, CA
Country: United States