WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, 31st Union, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment. Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, PGA 2K, XCOM and more.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
WHAT WE NEED:
2K is looking for a Senior Manager, Global Marketing Strategy (GMS) – NBA 2K. Reporting to the Director, Global Marketing Strategy, the Senior Manager will contribute to global, insights-driven marketing strategies that drive acquisition, engagement, and monetization opportunities for NBA 2K – a live services basketball simulation game celebrating its 25th year. The ideal candidate will have experience with blockbuster entertainment strategies. From a place of both art and science s/he must enjoy working collaboratively to create innovative marketing programs with cross-functional publishing teams, development teams, and external agencies based on key consumer insights and established KPIs for the businesses.
This role supports our business expansion strategy and will actively contribute to the global marketing strategy and executional plans, long and short-term success and deliver business and brand/player results with an insight driven approach. A leader that is intrinsically ‘we’, vs ‘I’, is critical to ensure stability and growth opportunities in the team are developed and maintained. This role requires someone who is adept at flexing between strategist and a doer who can operate at a tactical level, having the mastery of the subject matter to get the job accomplished, and the collaborator who knows when to call the experts, bringing the right people in at the right time. Building relationships both within and across the team is critical, as well as balancing partnerships and challenging the status quo.
This position can be based in Los Angeles, CA (remote until office is built) or Novato, CA (3 days a week)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Global Marketing and Product Strategy
- Starting with insights (customer, product, competitor, cultural, macro etc.), be a member of a team that represents the voice of the consumer to cross-functional Production and Growth partners, identifying global audience needs and opportunities that will contribute to how we develop our current and future products and inform our strategic marketing planning with a long-term 5-, 3-, and 1- year global perspective.
- Work closely with the Director/Senior Director, Global Marketing Strategy, along with regional and cross functional teams to build and evolve strategies, define customer journeys, target audience prioritization, product positioning, brand partnership guidelines and activations, cross sell and upsell strategies, innovative ideas and key messaging and content plans.
- Support live service marketing and player engagement strategies by helping to define product roadmaps and marketing opportunities via integrated dev, analytics, marketing, and regional collaboration efforts.
Insight Driven, Channel Optimized and Innovative Content Planning:
- Support 2 direct reports in the development of all brand creative including all digital content, key art, packaging, advertising creative (digital and TV), trailers, social media, sales support materials, events/activations, web and point-of-sales materials, ensuring all needs are accounted for and delivered on time.
- Be player and channel first focused to help build content plans that deliver the right message, at the right time and right place, taking care of the conversion channels and messaging as much as the brand channels and messaging. Every touch point matters.
Optimization, Collaboration and Communication:
- Continuously assess campaign performance assisting in leading marketing collaboration processes that evaluate our metrics, flagging opportunities / risks and driving solutions that foster continued positive player relationships, as well as business targets.
- Based on business performance analysis and the trends of the ever-evolving game /entertainment industries, demonstrate the courage to make needed adjustments and champion new and innovative approaches to not just maintain, but positively grow product mind share and engagement.
- Incorporate best practices derived from analysis of in-game data, sale/financial metrics, brand/player data/results, communicating key takeaways to management and team, driving relevant actions to continuously optimize all marketing plans and actions globally and in territory.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders across studios, publishing, legal and all other cross-functional teams to ensure full team collaboration and alignment against the goals of the project.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A GREAT FIT:
If you’re an innovative, creative, and collaborative marketer looking for your next challenge, you might be the right fit for 2K’s team of award winning marketers. You’ll love bringing consumer insights to life with innovative programs that will delight our fans who will share your work with their friends. You’ll enjoy working across all the marketing disciplines and development teams, and orchestrating execution excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of seven years of marketing or product management experience in gaming or entertainment.
- Experience with live service products and evolving them over time
- You put players first in everything you do.
- Have contributed to planning and executing creative marketing programs on blockbuster entertainment/gaming brands
- You are a team player and love collaborating with others to come up with creative ideas and solutions!
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where teams must be rallied to act and learn quickly.
- Curious by nature, with a test/learn mindset and approach that isn’t afraid to try new things.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill with ability to have influence and impact within a matrix organization both across departments and across geographies. Ability to create rapport and create impact.
- Have a passion for video gaming. Knowing games and player habits will be key to meaningful contribution to Brand strategy and growth across social channels while creating content relevant to our community.
- Proactive leader, a critical thinker and problem solver championing the goal posts, and ensuring the team delivers together is a cohesive and timely manner.
- Experience working with licensors / licensees is a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $125,000 and $180,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com account.
Location: Novato, California, United States
Country: United States