Role descriptionJob Summary
Unity is seeking a seasoned communications person for its Global Games PR team. This role will support and deliver proactive and strategic public relations programs critical to the company’s communications goals. These goals will support our products, services, and insights for customers that enable them to operate, reduce cost, and increase return by crafting tailored experiences for their end-users.
In this role, you will be responsible for crafting and deploying integrated communications plans that increase media, influencer, and industry analyst awareness for a variety of tools and services that enable developers to build, and grow their games. Specifically, you bring robust monetization, advertising, and payments experience to the role, and understand how to support vertical themes in security and privacy. You believe in our products, are genuinely interested in our technology, and will work every day to champion Unity to multiple audiences. Bonus points if you know how to reach developers, and speak their language.
You will report to the Director of Global PR for Games and you will partner closely with Business Development, Product Marketing and Product Management teams to deliver innovative and high-impact solutions for Unity’s Operate Solutions.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a critical thinker with a strong presence, have the ability to partner cross-functionally, and can gain the trust of senior leaders. To be successful, you should be proactive, resourceful, accustomed to multi-tasking, and have a strong proactive nature.Responsibilities
- Support the Games PR team with critical efforts to elevate understanding of business across the following areas: monetization/advertising, cloud and gaming services, payments
- Work with product marketing and product teams to help create and implement campaigns, including but not limited to message creation, event and thought-leadership pitching, media and analyst tour execution, content creation and brainstorming, white-glove media events, integrated community and social communications, and creation of vital support materials
- Use a multi-channel approach to figure out best channel mix to reach each of our target audiences and build brand ubiquity
- Keep a watch on news cycles and identify conversations and trends we should newsjack
- Use data and analytics to measure and report on meaningful metrics, and help evaluate the efficiency of strategic PR initiatives and campaigns
- Partner closely with our Social Media team to amplify earned coverage and thought leadership content
- Align closely with our marketing team to identify areas of alignment and opportunities to adopt a multi-channel approach
- Partner with an external agency to help achieve AAA results in premier news outlets, including local and national newspapers, magazines, television stations, and online publications
- Liaise with Events Team on Unity events to ensure Operate Solutions messaging is consistent across all narratives
- Direct PR efforts across multiple company initiatives, and effectively manage plans to ensure manager needs, deadlines and directives are being met
- Write, edit and proofread materials, ensuring quality, consistency and company narratives are woven throughout each piece
- Support product launches and broader integrated campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or a related field is required
- 10 - 12 years of direct public relations experience, with specific experience in monetization, programmatic advertising, payments
- Technical background with an understanding of B2B technology platforms preferred
- Great writing skills, a strong grasp of AP style, and an analytical approach
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture
- History of securing stories in world-class publications
- Strong initiative with the ability to identify new and/or strategic opportunities while being a self-motivated, self-starter, and love to roll up the sleeves' person once strategies are set to produce results
- A mix of in-house and agency experience
- Know how to code
- Experience working directly with the developer community
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Country: United States
Subscribe to all Marketing jobs in United States
Create Profile and Get Noticed