WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Epic Communications team advances the company's narrative and represents Epic products and the company vision to external and internal audiences globally. We create positive relationships and engagement strategies with a wide range of audiences, including media, investors, influencers, and policymakers.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced communications professional to join the corporate communications team and lead strategic communications and public affairs work across Epic. You will develop proactive and reactive communications plans that support a variety of games, products and teams, including Trust & Safety, Legal, and Public Policy.
In this role, you will
- Create proactive and reactive global communications campaigns related to online safety and privacy, and build positive relationships with media around the world on behalf of Epic.
- Have a strong understanding of the global regulatory environments that matter to Epic’s business and create communications plans that support our plans to build an open metaverse.
- Sit on the Trust & Safety working team and provide communications support for day-to-day policy and product escalations.
- Partner with public policy and legal to create positive relationships with third party stakeholders, advocates and trade associations.
- Be a subject matter expert on Epic’s gaming ecosystem and SuperAwesome for the communications team and partner with legal, marketing and product on communications needs for new safety and privacy features.
- Support comms efforts for SuperAwesome, an Epic Games company that aims to make the internet safer for kids.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in corporate, policy and/or product communications.
- Experience working on complex crisis communications issues.
- Experience building and executing strategic communications programs from the ground up.
- Someone who excels under pressure, moves fast, is focused on delivering results and has a track record of working well across a diverse group of internal and external partners.
- A succinct and creative writer.
- Someone who is people-focused, collaborative, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
This role is open to multiple locations (including NYC).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: BLANK,BLANK,Multiple Locations