Senior Live Operations Specialist
You take a design-focused approach in creating compelling experiences that keep players coming back. You are data-driven and proficient in using analytics to develop and support business decisions. Your love for games is only rivaled by your desire to make them better.
Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Senior Live Operations Specialist to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions and Disney Mirrorverse.
Working to support the Live Operations Team, you will be involved with the planning, design, execution, analysis, and iteration of live features, offers, and events that engage and excite players. We are looking for candidates that are sharp, energetic and flexible enough to excel in this initial role, but also have the aptitude and desire to grow within the company.
How you will contribute:
- Design new monetization systems and features aligned with product pillars and goals.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to improve and refine your designs based on technical/other constraints.
- Write and maintain design documentation that effectively guides various teams through its development.
- Develop plans to assess and mitigate the impacts of new designs/changes to the live game.
- Work as a key part of the live ops/econ team to come up with pricing strategies for offers and services that optimally drive user spend.
- Make suggestions and plans to improve in-game content and pricing, supported by market research and quantitative/qualitative data.
- Design, build, and optimize offers and promotions to help achieve monthly goals and target product metrics, focusing on conversion and revenue-related KPIs.
- Play various mobile and F2P games to become an industry expert on monetization design.
Joining a high-energy, high-impact team, you will directly contribute to the continuing success of our games. As fans first, your team leverages strong engagement in Kabam's communities while also exploring, expanding and monetizing the player base.
This is what you would bring to the team:
- Previous work experience with free-to-play games (mobile a plus!).
- Understanding of game design concepts/principles and the ability to communicate them.
- Strong knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets and the ability to use it effectively as a design/balancing tool.
- Self-starter and critical thinker, able to identify obstacles and work through solutions.
- Passion to drive spend and improve revenue.
- Passion for figuring out how game economies and monetization strategies work and change.
- A positive, collaborative, hard working attitude.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20