The job is for a Senior Live and Monetization Designer for the Hunt: Showdown team. The designer will be responsible for designing features that entertain and sustain relationships with consumers, as well as working with stakeholders to tune the game's economy and retention. The job offers three location options, including relocation to Frankfurt, remote work within the European Union, or freelance work outside of the European Union. The responsibilities include designing a sustainable live event and content pipeline structure, maximizing live campaign and content efforts, and analyzing the impact of changes in the game. The requirements include experience in designing/optimizing live games, a deep understanding of modern game design paradigms, and good English communication and writing skills. The job offers various benefits, including home office work, career path, company apartment, relocation support, public transport pass, gym card, German classes, and vacation days.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Live and Monetization Designer to join the Hunt: Showdown team.
As a Monetization/Live Designer you will design features that delight and entertain, and help to sustain relationship with consumers. You will work closely with design and business stakeholders to tune the game’s economy and retention.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Design a sustainable live event and content pipeline structure with the goal of increasing in game revenue and improving retention.
- Maximize live campaign and content efforts, and work with other key stakeholders to manage content and pricing for any in-game purchase.
- Take a primary role in raising the overall knowledge level in the design team for monetization and retention best practices.
- Review reporting on acquisition, retention and monetization, and suggest and implement optimizations.
- Analyze the impact of changes in the game, identify opportunities that will have a positive impact on acquisition, retention and monetization.
- Benchmark and analyze strategies of competitive games.
- Complete thorough competitive analysis on all emerging Games as a Service trends.
- Shipped at least one online game, preferable a first-person-shooter.
- 4+ years experiencing in designing / optimizing live games.
- An avid gamer with a solid understanding of Games as a Service.
- Deep understanding of modern game design paradigms.
- Strong ability to deconstruct high level gameplay systems and creative direction into specific technical details, features and task.
- Able to break problems down and identify key relationships and levers that influence the outputs.
- Experienced in managing large data gathering operations.
- Excited, passionate, proactive and self-motivated.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Apply for this job
Location: Frankfurt & Remote
Date found: 2023-03-17