We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our offices are based in Bromley, UK, and our teams have access to working patterns that work for them.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- On-site and Hybrid working patterns help us spend the right amount of time together
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Lighting is a visual tool more powerful than simply a means of illuminating the world that the player can see. With thoughtful implementation it can guide us through a scene, showing us the path and highlighting the goal. At Splash Damage, our Lighting Artists paint stories with light, infusing worlds with atmosphere and emotion, as well as ensuring that the player can find their way around them.
Splash Damage is looking for a Senior Lighting Artist to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Light scenes based on reference photographs and concept Art materials.
- Work with the Lead Lighting Artist and Art Director to create high quality lighting schemes in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Produce work within specifications under strict deadlines.
- Review and implement your work using the game editor.
- Trouble shoot lighting issues and action creative feedback.
- Collaborate with other sub-disciplines including Environment Art, Level Design, VFX, Cinematics and Tech Art.
- Coach and mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing.
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Lighting work.
- A good understanding of shape, form, composition and tonal values.
- Excellent knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and balancing materials.
- Experience pre-bake, dynamic and hybrid lighting workflows.
- Working knowledge of tone mapping, colour grading and LUTs.
- The ability to deliver performant lighting schemes for gameplay
- Great communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Unreal 5 Early Access and Lumen.
- A solid understanding of the impact of Lighting direction on Level Design and gameplay.
- Knowledge of trends in videogame lighting, movie cinematography and photography.
- An understanding of HDR and its implementation.
- Experience lighting both environments, characters and cinematic cut scenes.
- An understanding of post processing effects including colour grading.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom