Rovio is opening an entity in Barcelona and is looking for a Senior Level Designer to join the Angry Birds Friends game team. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing the current strengths and weaknesses of the game's core levels and driving key initiatives to improve its success. The ideal candidate should have at least 4 years of commercial experience in mobile F2P games and proven success in building levels for a mobile game. The company values independence, responsibility, teamwork, and work-life balance. The recruitment process involves a first meeting with the hiring manager, an exercise to complete, a second round with Craft Members, and a final round with the team lead and team member(s).
Hola a todos! We are excited to announce that Rovio is opening an entity in Barcelona! Rovio is growing, and games such as Dream Blast and Angry Birds Friends are looking to recruit more people to work their magic on making and growing the games in Barcelona, working in tandem with the team at HQ in Finland. Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds Dream Blast are in the top 3 of Rovio’s most popular games, attracting millions of players daily.
You will be joining the Angry Birds Friends game team, one of the biggest and more iconic games at Rovio. Friends has been operating with huge success for many years already and you could take a key role in making it grow further in the years to come.
Great levels are what makes Angry Birds Friends game a huge success and therefore our team is now looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Level Designer to join our successful Puzzle Studio. You will come in with fresh eyes and bring new ideas to take the Core (levels) to the next level. As a critical part of the team, you will analyse the current strengths and weaknesses of the Core and help drive key initiatives to improve the success of the game.
We expect that you share our mission of elevating puzzle gaming by providing deeper gameplay experiences, and for that, you want to understand core game logic, level mechanics, player feedback, level design philosophies, and player journey in the levels and through the level funnel.
What your days will look like:
- Be part of the level team that works together to bring engaging and challenging levels to our players through core game logic, level mechanics, player feedback, level design philosophies, and player journey in the levels and through the level funnel
- Work with BI and PM’s to understand how the levels are performing with the players
- Advise LiveOps Team on A/B test related to level content and core/toy to enable further growth
- Participate in the curation process for a matured game and oversee their maintenance and curation of levels to improve level performance continuously
- Collaborate with other designers to craft a cohesive experience for players
Who we think will do great in this position:
- About 4+ years of commercial experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games and building levels for a mobile game.
- Owner of at least one area of a game. Experience working closely with BI to understand the data and create a plan to improve KPI’s
- A proactive team player who can facilitate alignment in the team on a vision, support managing a conflict and working together on a common goal
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Critical thinker who is creative, adaptive and excels at problem solving
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll become one of the first employees in Barcelona. How cool is that?
- We have mastered the mobile puzzle genre for ages. You’ll get to work with a super talented team that knows the ins and outs of making successful games that last.
- We’re built on independence and responsibility. We understand the way for our people and teams to do their best work is to give them the freedom and independence to truly own their projects.
- We cherish the Nordic work culture. We create joy, value teamwork, and support wellbeing and overall worklife balance.
The steps that we would go through together:
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been, and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team, and the specifics of the role.
- Test: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Second round: We'll go through the exercise with you, together with our Craft Members in a call. This is a good chance for you to meet your future colleagues and receive some valuable feedback on your work.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions, and where we can help each other develop.
Rovio’s mission is “We craft Joy”. We know that companies don’t create games, people do and we know that our people are our most valuable asset. We value that people have lives outside the workplace. We encourage balance because we want people to deliver quality work. We believe and trust in our teams. Teams and studios have ownership and autonomy of their games both in terms of processes as well as roadmapping. We want to make sure everyone has personal growth possibilities at Rovio and we focus on inclusion and diversity. Join the ride!
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
What to expect when you join us
Meet the Rovians
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17