We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 70 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! We are now incredibly excited to be recruiting for our new Unannounced Project.
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea and sit within the KRAFTON, Inc. corporation. From our Amsterdam office, we cover Europe, Middle East, Africa and the CIS region, and have teams dedicated to Game Development, Product Management, Esports, Content, Communications, Creative, Merchandise, HR and more.
As a Level Designer you will be responsible for designing, prototyping, and implementing a variety of design tasks within UE5. You will be joining the project at the beginning and having an opportunity to make a significant contribution to its development.
- Responsible for creating unique and exhilarating spaces that are fun to play in.
- Support the validation of core mechanics from a Level Design perspective.
- Collaborate with Technical Design to develop and improve tools for Level Design.
- Work closely with all teams to develop a consistent level design in line with the overall project direction & vision within the technical constraints of the project.
- Create and maintain detailed, comprehensive documentation.
- Contribute to the creation and constant improvement of pipelines and processes.
What we’re ideally looking for:
- Proven experience in level design for AAA game development.
- Experience with shooters will be a huge plus.
- Experience with level design for multiplayer maps and balance.
- Experience with game editors and/or 3D packages.
- Experience with supporting playtesting and interpretation of playtesting data.
- Extensive knowledge of current titles, specifically in Action/Shooter area, as well as works of art, such as movies, architecture, or visual arts, to be used as reference for crafting and communicating original ideas.
- Ability to create map layouts on all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional levels in at least one of the existing game engines.
- Ability to use all elements of the game world, including level geometry, texturing, lighting, sound and VFX to craft unique player experiences.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking abilities.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- A range of snacks & drinks
- Free gym facility in our office building
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
More about our Amsterdam office…
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Arena area, a buzzing business hub in the southeastern part of the city. Accommodating some of the world’s largest and most exciting companies, the area also transforms at night into a popular social destination. Not far from our office, you’ll find iconic venues such as the Ziggo Dome, Heineken Music Hall and Johan Cruijff Arena – home of Ajax Football Club.
Our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse look and feel. Being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 20 different nationalities – and we are still growing and adding to our team.
We welcome all applications!
We are proud to have such a multicultural environment and we strive to create a safe, inclusive and harmonious atmosphere for everyone to thrive in. We invite applications from all genders, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions and ages.
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience then apply right away!
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed