Senior Legal Counsel, Employment
Unity is looking for a Senior Employment Counsel to join its Corporate Legal team. In this role, you will partner with the People team and the Legal team to focus on employment-related matters across our rapidly growing global organization! You will provide day-to-day counseling on all aspects of the employee lifecycle while also creating scalable global employment policies, processes, templates, and trainings to support Unity's ambitious growth. You are a strategic thinker who understands the business implications of legal decisions, and are able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-growth environment!
What you'll be doing
- Advise and counsel on a range of employment law issues, including recruiting, hiring, termination, diversity and inclusion, leaves of absence and accommodation, wage and hour, Employee Relations investigations, compensation and benefits, employee privacy, and contingent workforce
- Lead and collaborate cross-functional partners to develop and refine scalable employment processes, policies, trainings, and business strategies that balance business need with risk mitigation
- Work with international HR Location Partners and local counsel to draft and review global employment-related agreements, letters, and templates in compliance with local laws and regulations
- Project manage Unity's people compliance obligations, including the EEO-1, AAP, and other federal requirements
- Work with the Legal Director and outside counsel on litigation and special projects including M&A, entity evaluations, and re-orgs
What we're looking for
- JD from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar in good standing
- Strong US employment law experience at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department, with some experience advising on European employment matters
- Ability to draft documents, policies, and messages in a clear, concise, and digestible manner for business partners
- High level of comfort working with technology, such as Google Drive, Box, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs, Slack, etc.
- May require some travel
You might also have
- Prior in-house experience working with a high-tech company
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Date posted: 2022-01-20