Skydance is looking for a Senior IT Support Technician with at least 5 years of experience in IT support within a PC/Windows environment, preferably in the gaming or graphics intensive industry. The role involves supporting a remote workforce of game developers with advanced troubleshooting and maintenance, including account management, machine repair, and remote desktop support. The candidate should have excellent communication/documentation skills, strong customer-service orientation, and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously. The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $75,000 – $85,000. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance seeks a critical thinking Senior IT Support Technician who is organized and self-motivated with a minimum of 5 years of IT support experience. This person will support a remote workforce of technically skilled game developers who need advanced troubleshooting and maintenance. This role will be assisting the day-to-day IT needs of the operation including account management, machine repair, and remote desktop support.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Remote administration and troubleshooting of desktops, laptops, and other hardware located in North America
- On-call for critical service outages and issues
- Add additional IT support to other divisions, when needed
- Troubleshooting and arranging repair (break/fix) hardware issues
- Troubleshooting of version control software (Perforce/Helix)
- Assist with network management and maintenance
- Assist/troubleshoot users via remote methods (RDP/TeamViewer, Zoom/Slack)
- Respond to and/or generate IT tickets
- Assist with onboarding newly hired team members
- Inventory and asset management
- Remote hands on support within a secure data center
- 5+ years of experience in IT support within PC/Windows environment; gaming or graphics intensive industry preferred
- Experience in a help desk environment, fluid in the use of help desk tools, prioritization of support calls, effective documentation of how a call was answered/remediated, etc.
- Excellent communication/documentation skills and strong customer-service orientation
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously, and in a timely manner
- Ability to lift approximately 40lbs and use repair tools (shipping computers for repair, performing maintenance, and racking equipment)
- Able to multitask in a complex, diverse, fast-paced, production environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to adapt and learn new things quickly
- Candidate should be service oriented and have a genuine concern for the needs of the staff
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours to accommodate project work under deadline
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Travel to Culver City, Santa Monica, and El Segundo frequently for repairs/shipping/service
Nice to Have:
- Cloud and Enterprise VM experience with AWS, Azure, or OCI
- Enthusiasm for games and for working in a game studio
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $75,000 – $85,000. The salary offered may vary based on the candidate’s location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you either from our “@skydance.com” email addresses or from the “@lever.co” email addresses of our candidate tracking system. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Culver City, Los Angeles
Country: ,United States,United States
Date found: 2023-03-30