Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
The Mobile Core team builds frameworks and tools to empower mobile engineering teams at Twitch. The team also creates and improves core features such as Video Playback or Authentication. As Senior iOS Engineer on our Mobile Core Team, you will lead important projects which have an outsized impact, collaborating with engineers and partners across the company. You will work with driven mobile engineers on a native app, used by millions of users each day, with modern technologies like Swift, SwiftUI, and GraphQL. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager for Mobile Core iOS and work remotely or from either our San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, Austin, or our New York City offices.
- Build delightful experiences for streamers and viewers and measure their impact
- Evolve the architecture patterns our iOS Engineers use to deliver features to our customers
- Identify opportunities across the mobile development stack to boost developer productivity and happiness
- Work across both technical and business-focused teams
- Mentor and cultivate the growth of the engineers around you
- 5+ years of iOS development experience
- Strong proficiency with Swift and the iOS development ecosystem
- A talent for building consensus around technical decisions and guiding the team along evolving architecture patterns
- Experience communicating complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Familiarity or experience working with GraphQL APIs, CI / CD, or AWS
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $178,020 - $217,580 yr and in New York City is $195,840 - $239,360 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7583
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed