Senior iOS Engineer
GetMega is one of the first skill based Real Money Gaming platform for the smartphone generation of the world. We are building a platform where players are pitted against each other to compete in various games requiring skills like Reaction, Attention, Spatial and Logic Reasoning, Visual and Auditory Processing etc. We haver games accross various categories including some of the well known cards and casual game. You should definitely checkout our app at www.getmega.com
GetMega is founded by two Computer Sciences Undergraduates from IIT Kanpur who have previously run and sold VC funded startup in the logistics domain. We are based out of Bengaluru, India and have raised multi-million dollar funding from Top-Tier Institutional Venture Capitalists to disrupt the multi-billion dollar skill based gaming market around the world.
Values of the Engineering A-Team:
Product-Minded - We believe in a mix of data-led and intuitive/Player Focus Group Discussion (FGD) based product decisions. You will have to work closely with our Players, Data and Design teams to understand their psyche, so we can create a more frictionless experience for Mega players.
Ownership & Delivery - We work in small cross-functional teams, making a large impact on the products we create from idea to launch.
Iterate Quickly - We have a bias to build MVPs and collect direct feedback from the users of our software for faster iteration.
As an iOS Engineer at Mega, you will have a rare opportunity to shape GetMega’s iOS frontend development and deployment practices while evangelizing a strong engineering culture across all teams. You will be building the app from scratch using Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile(KMM). Your work will have a direct impact on the User Experience and User Interface of all the Mega players across the world. We are a fast-growing company with leadership opportunities available to you as the team continues to expand.
What should you deeply care about?
KOTLIN, SWIFT, UI/UX, FIREBASE, GRPC, REST APIs
What would you be doing?
- Design, build, and maintain our iOS app and libraries in Kotlin and Swift/Objective-C
- Introduce innovation - The products we’re building have no parallel, so you’ll spend time thinking big, but iterating quickly and shipping code continuously.
- Lead our iOS tech stack, developing processes for building, testing, and pushing code.
- Work with engineers across the company to bring new features and products into existence
- Work with the product managers and analytics team to improve different matrices of product performance
- Be a technical mentor for other engineering team members
Superpowers you’ll need to be a success in this role?
- 5+ years developing, launching, and supporting high quality iOS applications or multi-platform mobile applications(we make rare exceptions if you are highly skilled).
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Animation, Core Data, Core and TextCore Graphics.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Experience working with Protobufs, REST API design, gRPC & HTTP/2Experience with Kotlin or Android app development using Kotlin.
- Experience with Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile development, Test Driven Development(TDD) would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, trends, architectures, and emerging technologies.
- Communicate effectively on both technical and non-technical subjects.
- Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale from novice to advance users.
- Experience working in fast-paced and execution-focused continuous delivery environments.
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, and integrity to reach your goals, demonstrating a sense of urgency and ownership.
What would you get from Mega?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest Indian startups with multi-million dollar funding. We are not just another gaming studio, but are creating the largest skilling platform in the world.
- Obvious sweet perks like daily catered breakfast and lunches, endless coffee, and dry snacks. We believe in enabling our employees by removing trivial tasks like packing breakfast/ordering lunch/going out for coffee etc.
- Swanky custom-built office space. It's a fact that any individual spends a major portion of their lives in the office. There's no reason to cut corners in providing the best office space ever.
- Reimbursements. The company will reimburse any expense made by an employee to reach our goals. Period.
- We are open to giving out any benefits which will further empower our employees to create the Mega which we collectively envision.
GetMega is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20