Are you excited to evolve Destiny's internal distributed systems to support the creation of new worlds, new games, and beyond? Would you like to work at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As a Senior Distributed Systems Engineer at Bungie, you will work on our in-house distributed build and delivery systems, caching layers, and bug processing pipelines. You will be part of our Central Technology group, working with multiple game teams to parallelize and improve their workflows. You will partner with our operations team to ensure they have the right tools to support our systems and customers. You will address the unique challenges of continuously delivering live service games to our players.
- Build and maintain production-quality C# code
- Design, build, test, and maintain the code for our internal build and delivery systems, caching layers, and bug processing pipelines.
- Collaborate daily with your team to craft robust, performant and maintainable code
- Help translate team goals into actionable plans
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture. You work well with others to reach common goals - team fit and culture are especially important to us
- Ability to write code in C# or C++, or Java
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture and best practices
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Deep understanding of operating systems (Windows and/or Linux/Unix)
- Ability to write SQL queries and stored procedures
- Ability to manage or mentor other engineers or lead technical projects
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Location: Hybrid / Bungie-Approved Remote Locations