Gunzilla Games, an independent AAA developer, is seeking a Senior Hard Surface Artist to create visually striking weapon, vehicle, and other hard surface assets for their upcoming title. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience making models for games, a portfolio of their work, and proficiency in industry-leading DCC tools such as Substance Painter, Maya, Blender, 3ds Max, ZBrush, Fusion 360, Mol, etc. They should also have good communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work iteratively and dynamically in workflows that allow for changes, and a passion for working collaboratively as a team member. Gunzilla Games offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks and gym membership.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Hard Surface Artist to create standout assets for our AAA title. This position will require working closely with Designers, Riggers, Animators, and other Artists to create convincing, visually striking weapon, vehicle and other hard surface assets for our title.
- As a Senior Hard Surface Artist, you will:
- Author high-resolution game assets of machinery, weapons, vehicles and hero props with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate both the very technical chops of authoring the hard-surface assets and the more artistic abilities of good design and aesthetic choices
- Ensure consistency and quality of your work and be able to match that to the rest of the game
- Receive feedback and modify work based on art direction
- Collaborate with the Art Director and Concept Artists to create assets of the highest quality
- Cooperate with the Art Director and the broader team in different technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts
- 5+ years of experience making models for games; a portfolio of your work
- High attention to detail and ability to faithfully translate concepts and ideas
- Experience with creating PBR materials
- Functional knowledge of articulation and mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in industry leading DCC tools such as Substance Painter, Maya, Blender, 3ds Max, ZBrush. Fusion 360, Mol, etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and willingness to help everyone excel
- Strong understanding of form and silhouette
- Solid understanding of current high-end, real-time hard-surface creation
- Ability to work iteratively and dynamically in workflows that allow for changes
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious, and contributing team member with a real desire to work with the team to find solutions
- Ability to concept original weapons/gadgets and rigging is a plus
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17