Senior Graphics Programmer
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Graphics Programmer to create exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
What you get to do
- Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug rendering pipeline and engine systems
- Deploy, evaluate performance and test software on Xbox Series X and S / PS5 / Windows platforms
- Communicate features and collaborate with engineering, design and art teams
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
- Contribute to the design and roadmap of an industry-leading AAA engine
What you bring to the role
- Demonstrated experience working with Computer Graphics and/or other game-related technologies
- Background with code and data optimization
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of CPU, GPU and memory architectures
- Experience in writing shaders in HLSL, Cg or GLSL
- Fluency in a modern 3D graphics API
- Familiarity using modern GPU/CPU performance analysis tools
- Strong background in C/C++
- Solid debugging skills including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- You're good communicator who enjoys collaboration with other programmers, artists and designers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Additional skills that are beneficial in this role include knowledge on parallel programming and multi-threaded renderers and experience with PS5 GNM, Direct3D 12 and/or Vulkan APIs
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), github and other information relevant to the position.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Date posted: 2022-01-20