At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented Graphics Programmers who possess a passion for breathing life, realism, and fun into games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s game development studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s the beach or mountains, San Diego has something for everyone and is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop cutting-edge graphics and visual effect systems, working together with other departments to create optimal, attractive solutions for our games.
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies (rendering, lighting, shadows, shaders, culling, scene management and others) to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals.
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in integrating graphics technologies, identify extensions to that technology, and help create those improvements.
- Occasional mentoring of more junior members of the team.
- Experience with C/C++ programming (VC14 preferable).
- Experience with HLSL, Cg or other vendor specific shader programming language.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D 11+, OpenGL, Vulkan and/or vendor specific).
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).
- Experience debugging graphics pipelines using relevant platform tooling (Renderdoc, Pix, Razer, etc.).
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Experience working with large code bases.
- Ability to work with artists, designers and other content creators to make sure they can get the most out of the technology.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- At least one shipped title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles.
- Experience using modern real time ray tracing APIs (DXR, NVX or vendor specific).
- Passionate about playing and making games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
Country: United States