Senior Graphics Engineer
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Apply your passion for creating unforgettable online games and drive technology development using Unreal Engine 5, enabling an ambitious team to help create a deeply connected experience. Collaborate with peers and the production team to innovate and focus the development of an exciting new gaming experience.
- Keeping up to date with Unreal Engine 5 rendering and lighting pipelines and future engine updates.
- Research graphics technology that assists in implementing the art direction for our game.
- Ensure the game's performance is maintained regularly throughout development, working alongside Technical Art.
- Support the optimization of graphical features implemented within the game across multiple platforms.
- Experience in DirectX 12.
- Understanding of the Unreal Engine 4/5 rendering pipeline.
- Experience developing on multiple platforms.
- Shader development in HLSL.
- Demonstrable experience with C++.
- GPU and CPU debugging, profiling and optimization.
- Console development experience, with at least one shipped title.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Fully Remote
Date posted: 2022-01-20