SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. They are looking for an experienced Senior/Lead Graphics Engineer to join their growing Minecraft team. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years' experience working on real-time graphics and rendering systems for games, strong proficiency in C++ programming, and experience with PC and/or console game development. The role involves developing and optimizing highly performant real-time graphics features, refactoring existing rendering systems to improve functionality and increase performance, driving new features and upgrades while leveraging modern rendering techniques, building strong relationships and communicating effectively with both internal team members and external partners, identifying issues and suggesting improvements to rendering techniques, tools, and workflows, anticipating and providing updates on technology risks and obstacles to project leads, learning new technologies and systems to meet technical and business needs, and sharing knowledge and having an impact across the entire studio. SkyBox Labs offers a comprehensive health benefits package, a competitive salary, flexible hybrid working arrangements, and a supportive Parental Leave policy.
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
Interested? Let’s talk about what we’re hiring for:
We are looking for an experienced Senior/Lead Graphics Engineer to join our growing Minecraft team! This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology with modern graphics APIs across multiple platforms on one of the world's largest AAA game franchises.
The ideal candidate for this role values communication and collaboration. You know what goes into making a AAA game - you have a passion for graphics and are committed to continuous learning and sharing your knowledge with others. If you're interested in building cool things for an ambitious project with millions of users, this could be the role for you!
A snapshot of your role:
- Develop and optimize highly performant real-time graphics features
- Refactor existing rendering systems to improve functionality and increase performance
- Drive new features and upgrades while leveraging modern rendering techniques
- Build strong relationships and communicate effectively with both internal team members and our external partners
- Identify issues and suggest improvements to rendering techniques, tools and workflows
- Anticipate and provide updates on technology risks and obstacles to project leads
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Share your knowledge and have an impact across our entire studio!
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 5+ years' experience working on real-time graphics and rendering systems for games
- Strong proficiency in C++ programming
- Experience with PC and/or console game development
- Proficiency in modern graphics APIs such as DirectX 12, OpenGL and Vulkan (or console/mobile equivalents)
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimization skills
- Deep understanding of rendering architecture, pipelines and runtime optimization
- Knowledge of advanced and modern rendering techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for Minecraft!
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits and a competitive salary, along with a supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/
Apply for this job
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Date found: 2023-03-23