The job is for a Gameplay Programmer in the Metaverse Solutions group of Improbable. The role involves creating software processes, pipelines, and discipline, giving constructive critique on gameplay features, creating high-quality gameplay content, owning a feature from design to implementation, mentoring junior programmers, and leading by example. The ideal candidate should have expertise in a Gameplay Programmer skill set, understanding of common game technologies and software development, experience with Unreal Engine 4 and C++, and the ability to create tutorials and documentation. Improbable values diversity and does not discriminate based on various factors.
We’re leading the way in defining what the metaverse can be. This is where you get to explore interconnected, immersive, exciting worlds that have never been seen before and where you decide what the future looks like. Are you ready?
You will be part of the Metaverse Solutions group, the premier organisation for servicing and solving the problems of our metaverse. You will be working alongside experienced game developers familiar with all aspects of the game development lifecycle, including production, art, design, technology and operations. You will be working with notable names from the industry who are our partners and customers. As this is a growing area of Improbable, you will be directly involved in shaping both the technical and commercial direction of how metaverse experiences are developed and launched.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of software processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the gameplay features within the game.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following the software engineering processes.
- Create high-quality gameplay content within industry-standard timelines.
- Ability to own a feature from receiving the design spec, through system design and implementation.
- Own a discrete area of the game and execute it with a high degree of quality, e.g.: Animation, Gameplay Features, Networking, Character Control etc.
- Mentor more junior programmers.
Why You Were Made for This:
- Expert in a Gameplay Programmer skill set (e.g.: Programming, debugging, debugging, maths etc…) with shipped products that show an end-to-end understanding of the process.
- Understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development to a high level.
- Driven to excel and improve themselves and the team around them.
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Able to identify issues and proposing solutions that improve the software development process or discipline.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (preferable) and C++Able to create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members.
- Able to architect systems that consider the perspective of the wider team.
- Lead by example, through your work other engineers should understand best practices.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - Poland
Date found: 2023-04-29