As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
Flexible work hours
Indefinite contract + benefits
Private health insurance coverage
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
2 Hour mid-day play/lunch break
Jam City seeks a motivated, skilled Senior Frontend Developer to join our game studio in Bogota! We are focused on building Jam City’s first AAA, multi-platform online Web3 Game: Champions Ascension.
- Work with the Design and Engineering teams to create interesting gameplay.
- Enable a fast, reliable, and consistent user experience by helping to improve and optimize the studio’s technology stack.
- Play a substantial role in day-to-day coding, participating in performance profiling, optimization, and general troubleshooting as necessary.
- Provide meaningful input on the studio's long-term engineering roadmap, and help to identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Participate in prototyping meetings to provide a technical perspective.
- Write, review and document code.
- Very strong general programming skills are a must. Ideal candidates have more than 5 years of programming experience, have participated in code jams and/or have a real, tangible passion for programming.
- Very strong knowledge of Unity is a must: UI, physics, animation, cameras, scripting, etc.
- Ideal candidates have more than 3+ years working with Unity in C#, and/or have participated in prominent roles in several game projects created in Unity.
- Very strong research and communication capabilities are a must. Ideal candidates can quickly research things they don’t know, and know when (and how) to ask questions.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineer or equivalent.
- Demonstrated competency in several of the following specialties (expertise in more than one): gameplay, physics, 3D graphics/rendering, game logic, networking, optimization, analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of several of the following platforms, with specific experience in creating games for more than one: iOS, Android, consoles, PC, browsers.
- Demonstrated command of applicable programming languages and a thorough knowledge of software design practices including modularity, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, graphics and animation techniques, portability, extensibility, and testability.
- Proven expertise in producing high-performance products, with a special focus on performance tuning and optimal resource utilization.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly diagnose potential flaws in a system while suggesting solutions.
- Strong skills in terms of identifying and articulating goals and risks to Management.
- Great English communication skills, both written and verbal.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Location: Remote – Bogota
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed