Senior Gameplay Engineer
You possess a strong technical background and a passion for game design. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. Your superior programming skills set you apart, along with your ability to collaborate with a variety of disciplines to create fantastic gameplay for the players.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join us!
You will be joining a team who thrive working in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, artists, and other developers to build gameplay features and create compelling experiences for players.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build and maintain a variety of robust, flexible, and well-architected gameplay systems
- Create new and maintain existing tools for designers and artists, to add features and improve their workflow
- Participate in development scheduling, working with production to estimate tasks and ensure milestones are hit
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- Solid understanding of C# or C++
- Shipped multiple titles starting from prototype stage (on Console, PC, or Mobile)
- Strong experience in a gameplay engineering role, expert architect in gameplay systems, including controls, abilities, AI, RPG, multiplayers, online, and network systems
- Professional proficiency with multiple game engines, or proven ability to pick-up new ones
- Ability to write clean, simple, well-documented code from design requirements
- Proven track record of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
In additional, it is nice that you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Android / iOS Mobile application development
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest mobile gaming trends
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Experience working in Agile, Kanban, or similar project management methodologies
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20