Improbable is a company that aims to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. They are looking for a candidate to join their Metaverse Solutions group, working alongside experienced game developers to shape the technical and commercial direction of how metaverse experiences are developed and launched. The candidate will be responsible for creating high-quality gameplay encounters and mechanics within industry standard timelines, owning discrete areas of the game and executing them with a high degree of quality. The ideal candidate should have expertise in creating gameplay encounters, excellent understanding of mechanics and their connections to gameplay encounters, and excellent skills in one or more game engines or packages. Improbable is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and fosters a healthy culture.
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
You will be part of the Metaverse Solutions group, the premier organisation for servicing and solving the problems of our metaverse. You will be working alongside experienced game developers familiar with all aspects of the game development lifecycle, including production, art, design, technology and operations. You will be working with notable names from the industry who are our partners and customers. As this is a growing area of Improbable, you will be directly involved in shaping both the technical and commercial direction of how metaverse experiences are developed and launched.
Areas of Impact:
- Being focused on high quality level creation.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of game encounters, design processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the game design and environment art within the game.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following design processes.
- Create high quality gameplay encounters and mechanics within industry standard timelines.
- Own discrete areas of the game and execute on it with a high degree of quality, e.g.: combat spaces, quests, boss fights, systemic combat encounters, balancing, etc...
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Expert in the process of creating gameplay encounters like combat encounters, boss fights and puzzles and able connect them into complex challenges with shipped products that show an end-to-end understanding of the process.
- Excellent understanding of moment-to-moment and hour-to-hour mechanics and their connections to gameplay encounters, difficulty, pacing, and replayability.
- Excellent understanding of how to use combined mechanics to create encounters that drive players towards mastery.
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Excellent in identifying issues and proposing solutions that improve encounter creation process or discipline.
- Excellent skills in one or more game engines or packages, e.g.: Unreal, Unity, Blender, etc...
- Able to create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for more junior staff members.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-17