Gunzilla Games, an independent AAA developer, is seeking a Senior Animator to create stunning animation content, collaborate with other animators, and adhere to production schedules. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of industry experience, work experience with Maya HIK or Motionbuilder, and good technical knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or other game engines. Gunzilla offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks. The recruitment process involves filling in a registration form, submitting a CV and portfolio, a Zoom call with the recruitment team, hiring manager and team Zoom interviews, and a competency test for some roles.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Animator at Gunzilla Games, you will be responsible for authoring stunning animation content, collaborating with other animators, and closely adhering to production schedules. The ideal candidate for this position should demonstrate animation prowess, a strong drive to grow and improve, and refined interpersonal skills.
- Create blockings, placeholders, and fully polished keyframe animations
- Assist in motion capture direction or shoots
- Edit motion capture data with high fidelity
- Ensure the delivered animations reach the project’s quality expectations
- Contribute to the further development of the current pipeline
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Actively contribute to team meetings, team post-mortems, and other team exercises
- Remain flexible regarding shifting production priorities
- Work in JIRA to provide status updates and show task progress
- 5+ years of industry experience with a CV and Demo Reel to review
- Work experience with Maya HIK or Motionbuilder
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and disciplines
- Understanding of animation production techniques and processes
- Good technical knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or other game engines
- Experience with task tracking software like JIRA
- Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Programming knowledge in Python 2.7 or 3.7
- Having edited AAA mocap and pcap data
- Thorough understanding of Unreal 4/5 and locomotion systems
- Experience with Animbot (Maya 3rd party plugin)
- Experience using blender
- Rigging and skinning
- Basic knowledge of cascadour, ragdoll mechanics
- Space switching workflow
- Interest in new technologies and adaptability to new workflows
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-11