The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Sr. Game Designer
Job Summary: Our game studio is looking for a senior game designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. The Pokémon Company International strives to find innovate and creative ways to bring the joy of Pokémon to fans around the world. As a senior game designer, you will develop and collaborate on a wide-range of games and apps, from digital trading card games to the next evolution of Pokémon experiences.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Play the game and become an expert on the game.
- Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players.
- Ensure IP-correct characters and events.
- Provide mentorship for the design team and partner with other disciplines to ensure your content and features are delivered to the highest quality.
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing.
- Take part in internal and external playtests, communicate with beta testers, and iterate based on feedback.
- Create and maintain design documentation templates and supplemental charts/imagery.
- Guide innovation and collaboration through research and live data.
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and iterate through playtesting.
What you’ll bring
- Eight (8) to eleven (11) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Experience working on games for multiple platforms.
- Demonstrable feature design skills.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, upbeat, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working proficiency within the Unity game engine.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $107000.00 - 162000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Game Designer (IC4)
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed