SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. They are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join their experienced co-dev team working on Halo Infinite Forge. The Senior Game Designer will be responsible for designing, overseeing and implementing systems, interfaces, controls and other interactive elements of the Forge experience. The candidate should have 5+ years of experience in game design, excellent design documentation skills, and experience in using game or level editors. The role requires collaboration with internal and partner teams to deliver iconic experiences for players. The position is open to candidates residing in Canada or willing to relocate.
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
SkyBox Labs has been co-developing on Halo Forge for a number of years, and have learned so much about what makes Forge great. We have a large team focused on Forge at Skybox and pour a lot of our passion & expertise into making it the best Forge experience yet. As the Forge team grows, we are looking for talented people like YOU to help build on this awesome game experience.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
Skybox Labs is looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our experienced co-dev team working on Halo Infinite Forge. As a senior game designer you will be responsible for designing, overseeing and implementing systems, interfaces, controls and other interactive elements of the Forge experience. The Senior Game Designer will partner closely with the Lead Designer at 343 Industries in a collaborative co-dev partnership ensuring the high level vision and goals for the product are met. Qualified candidates will demonstrate excellent leadership, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
A snapshot of your role:
- Partner directly with the Lead Designer in a co-dev environment
- Create, manage and deliver highly detail oriented design specifications
- Work closely with our Design, Engineering, Art, Production & QA teams to plan & deliver on monthly goals
- Shepherd designs from concept to implementation
- Respond to community feedback in a live service model
- Collaborate with internal and partner teams to deliver iconic experiences for players
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience working in game design
- Excellent design documentation skills
- Skilled in systems design - has designed, implemented, shipped one or more systems/features
- Experience in and passion for using Game or Level Editors (Forge, Modding Tools, Game Engines or equivalent)
- Excellent written, communication and problem solving skills
- AAA development full cycle experience
- Previous experience in either UX Design or Level Design
- Experience using game engines (Unreal, Unity, or equivalent)
- Experience using scripting languages (C#, LUA, UnityScript, or equivalent)
- Prior experience with design mentorship or people management
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/
Apply for this job
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Date found: 2023-03-11