Who We Are:
2K’s Publishing studio is more than just where all the paperwork is done, it houses our premium art services teams, including the Creative Marketing group. Capture Artists play all the latest games in development and is highly skilled in presenting video games in their best light. The Game Capture Artist is part artist, part gamer, and part photographer/videographer. They are responsible for the majority of gameplay images and video used for marketing, including major trailers, gameplay demos, and media exclusives.
What We Need:
We are looking for individuals who have artistic backgrounds, as well as technical, photo, or video skills. That said, we are also looking for individuals who are experienced gamers because it requires high level of experience and comfortability with games in order to get the best out of them. Having a combination of these skills is a huge plus.
The Senior Game Capture Artist needs to be passionate about games, patient, and an excellent team player. Capturing quality footage and screenshots takes time and coordination, as well as a bit of technical savvy. Along with these premium qualities, they will work hand in hand with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Producers and the Capture Team Lead where professional and transparent communication is paramount to our success.
We are also looking for someone who has previous game capture experience, ideally on AAA titles.
Job Responsibilities Include:
The Senior Game Capture Artist is responsible for playing 2K’s biggest upcoming AAA games and capturing screenshots and video footage for marketing purposes. They will collaborate with other members of the team to stage the action to effectively demonstrate the action, drama, and beauty of the game. On top of this, the Capture Artist will assist the Capture Lead in project management, team management, and artistic feedback.
- Highly developed understanding of art, composition, light, color, and action.
- Skilled in photography and videography
- Proficient in Unreal Engine 4/5
- Impeccable quality and consistency of asset creation
- Technically proficient with PCs and gaming consoles
- Comfortable with many game genres from FPS to RPG, from PC to Nintendo Switch, and everything in between.
- Proficient at first person movement and XBOX/PS5 controller use
- Experienced with video capture hardware/software and Adobe Creative Suite – Premiere and Photoshop experience is a big plus
- Shows leadership be setting a good example and providing critical feedback
- Effectively creates strategies for project and labor management
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
We are looking for veteran gamers with previous capture experience who show great leadership and skill for creating high quality video and image assets. Someone with an incredible eye for composition and visual storytelling is what we are after. We need someone who can set the visual bar for the rest of the team, and to mentor them as well. Having an understanding of photography, videography, or any skills with Adobe Creative Suite applications and gameplay capture technology is also highly desired. We also want someone who is great at working with and leading other people.
- Play game as part of a small multiplayer team to compose shots that demonstrate specific action, key features, visuals, etc
- Capture both static imagery and video footage to specifications
- Project management and communication with stakeholders
- Retouch imagery as necessary
- Light video editing using Adobe Suites
- Provide feedback to the rest of the team on compositional quality of assets
- Lead group capture sessions as a director and choreographer
- Create assets in UE4/5
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years previous game capture experience for AAA titles
- Unreal Engine 4/5
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: Dublin, Dublin, Ireland