About FunPlus Barcelona
Do you like adventure? Are you looking for a chance to unleash your creativity? Are you passionate about building things from scratch and want to make history in the gaming space?
FunPlus is opening a new studio in Barcelona with the goal of building the next generation of mobile casual games. We are looking to build a core team who will play an integral role in defining the culture and foundation for a successful venture in Barcelona. We are searching for top talent who are looking for an entrepreneurial environment backed by one of the most successful mobile gaming companies in the world. This is an incredible opportunity to get in on the frontlines of building a new studio and new games!
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Game Artist to join our team at our new video game studio. You will be responsible for creating high-quality, visually stunning assets for our casual mobile games in Unity.
We are looking for a creative artist that enjoys working in small teams to craft new ideas and develop new games from scratch, being able to cover all the artistic needs of projects.
In this role, you should have a strong understanding of game art principles and be able to apply them to create immersive and visually appealing game experiences. You should also be able to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong portfolio of game art work, including experience creating assets for casual games on mobile devices and implementation in Unity. You should also have excellent communication skills and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Build next generation casual games for mobile using Unity from concept to launch.
- Create illustrations, concepts and final high-quality game assets for mobile casual games.
- Implement and integrate game assets into the game using Unity.
- Always look for a hit, even if that implies regularly killing prototypes.
- Create 2D art from concept sketching to final renderings/tweaks.
- Have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and techniques, and continually improve your skills and knowledge of game art and development.
- Collaborate with the game design and development team to ensure that all assets meet the required standards and fit the overall vision of the game.
- Participate in game design and provide feedback and ideas for new games.
- Have a startup mentality and want to foster a similar environment.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your generalist game art skills and experience in casual style.
- Experience as a game artist on a released mobile title.
- Proficiency with a variety of software tools such as Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush.
- Experience with Unity and the ability to implement and integrate game assets into the game engine.
- Strong understanding of game development principles and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Passionate about building new and innovative games from scratch.
- A degree in game art, graphic design, or a related field is preferred but not required.
Perks of your new adventure
- Flexible working hours - We know you have other quests and fun activities in your life, as long as you get your job done, flex away.
- Multicultural teams - With so many offices around the world, you will have opportunities to engage and learn from your global colleagues.
- Diverse team events - Barcelona has the reputation of fun, and this office is determined to keep up that reputation.
- International and expert leadership - You can’t create legends without legendary leadership.
- Creative environment - This is entertainment after all folks!
- Excellent benefits - Restaurants, parties and music oh my!
- And we are dog-friendly!
FunPlus is a world-class, independent game developer and publisher with more than 2,000 team members worldwide. FunPlus is home to KingsGroup studio who develops hugely popular mobile strategy titles including State of Survival, King of Avalon and Guns of Glory. In 2021 FunPlus acquired Imagendary Studios working on its first original AAA development.
FunPlus is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.
Location: Barcelona, Spain