Rovio is seeking a Data Analyst to join their team and work with high-quality data in their live games Dream Blast or Angry Birds Friends. The role involves bringing objective findings to spark discussion and initiate improvements across various game areas, conducting exploratory analysis, and finding new growth and development avenues. The ideal candidate should have technical skills in SQL, R or Python, building dashboards, A/B testing, and working with standard statistics and data science models. The recruitment process includes a meeting with the talent team, a take-home test, and meetings with the game team and Director of Analytics. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data and relevant tools and models that support decision making.
Being a Data Analyst in Rovio entails being a part of a big and data-experienced team. You’ll get to work with massive amounts of high quality data together with some of the best game professionals in the industry. You will be joining one of our live games Dream Blast or Angry Birds Friends and focus on in-game analytics. These games have been operating with huge success for many years already and you will take a key role in making them grow further in the years to come.
What your days will look like:
- You take an active role in the team by bringing objective and eye-opening findings to spark discussion and initiate improvements across various game areas, from level design to liveops events;
- You use your skill set to bring new insights to the table. This might be related to an experiment you’re running, understanding an existing feature better, troubleshooting KPIs or designing upcoming features;
- You will come up with and conduct your own exploratory analysis using your preferred analytics methods that will bring new perspectives to the team and open the door to new focus areas and business opportunities;
- Currently we are looking for someone who is especially keen on finding new growth and development avenues, either in the core gameplay, liveops or overall player journey, so passion towards game design and a very good understanding of free to play business might be particularly useful. That said, you are always free to work on any area in the game that you feel you can find meaningful learnings from;
- You spread your knowledge within and beyond your team and find it exciting to learn new things. We have a particularly diverse data craft, so you’ll have no problem finding interesting people to bounce around ideas with.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- You are technically adept to a level that allows you to carry out your ideas quickly and with ease. Usually this means that you have several years of experience in using SQL, R or Python, building dashboards, A/B testing and working with standard statistics and data science models, such as regressions or clustering;
- You have a good understanding of aspects that can make games more fun to play, what accelerates business results, and know what could be expected from different product changes;
- You are at ease communicating your findings to audiences with diverse backgrounds and you are willing to bring to the table your own ideas and proposals to product managers and other stakeholders.
First meeting: you will meet our talent team. In this call we will get to know your previous experience a little better, get a better sense of your current situation, and give you a chance to learn more about the role and the company.
Take home test: it will help us to understand the level of your technical skills (tech, stats, A/B testing)
Meeting your future lead: we will ask you to play one of our games and then go through your ideas related to the game in the meeting. It will also be a chance for you to ask more questions about the role and get feedback on your test assignment.
Final rounds: you will meet with the game team as well as with the Director of Analytics in our game studio, and might find the discussion revolving around product, business and team culture related topics.
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
What to expect when you join us
Meet the Rovians
Apply for this job
Location: Barcelona or Helsinki
Date found: 2023-03-17