(Senior) Fullstack Java Developer (Games Technology)
The Games Technology team encompasses a whole host of data and analytics expertise areas, including (but not limited to) machine learning, build and submission tools, and cloud infrastructure. Powered by Beacon, Rovio's in-house cloud services platform, the team supports tens of millions of players, capturing 4 billion events and over 1TB of data per day. All of this work results in services and tools that enable successful live operations and continuous optimization in Rovio’s games.
As a Full-Stack Java Developer, your work will include developing Rovio’s Beacon services and other tools for our game teams. Rovio's Beacon cloud services are used by all of all our games providing user identity, analytics, advertising, segmentation, live ops, payments and third party services. We also provide game server infrastructure templates and microservices, and are working to introduce AI to our game development.
You will work closely with our game teams to find great answers to challenges we face building and operating our games. You will work on projects with other members of our team of developers (client, front-end, server, data, cloud, QA), product managers, and designers to implement versatile solutions.
Some of your responsibilities as a Fullstack developer will be
- To architect, implement and maintain cloud services and capabilities for Rovio’s games and studios
- To lead small development projects, coaching other developers working on the project
- To fix your fair share of bugs
We are looking for someone who has
- Several years of experience with recent Java development for cloud services and working with NoSQL and SQL database
- Experience developing RESTful services
- Experience in cloud technologies and orchestration (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Wide understanding of both software and platform architectures and components used to build them
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Passion to work in all parts of the software development lifecycle from planning to testing, documentation and deployment
- Team player mind-set with good communication skills especially in English and have a can-do attitude
What you get when you join us
- We give you the best support we can, helping you to grow and achieve your professional goals
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in a truly international environment with more than 15 nationalities in the Technology team
- Relocation assistance if you are from abroad
- Flexible work hours
- No crunch; standard work day is 7.5 hours
- Competitive benefits: such as choice of current gen smartphone and home internet service paid, choice of laptop, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
What to expect when you join us
Meet the Rovians
Apply for this job
Location: Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Date posted: 2022-01-20