The Games Technology team encompasses a whole host of data and analytics expertise areas, including (but not limited to) machine learning, build and submission tools, and cloud infrastructure. Powered by Beacon, Rovio's in-house cloud services platform, the team supports tens of millions of players, capturing 4 billion events and over 1TB of data per day. All of this work results in services and tools that enable successful live operations and continuous optimization in Rovio’s games.
Our Games Technology team of over 70 talented professionals work on game projects and services including game development, big data analytics, build and submission tools, audio, cloud infrastructure, and our gaming backend as a service named Beacon.
In this role, you will join a team focused on helping our games studios to develop games. Our ultimate goal is to identify common problems and best practices for our game development. You will have the potential to work on different projects including directly contributing to our games working in our studios and working on our Beacon services. Your experiences and expertise will aid us to develop better tools and services to in-turn build better games.
Are you eager to help bring mobile games to life? Do you want your work to reach 10’s of millions of gamers around the globe? Do you feel inspired by being part of developing new games and creating services that games run on? If yes, you could be the developer we are now looking for to join our Games Technology team in Finland.
How you will be spending your days:
- Work closely with senior developers, producers, product leads, designers and QA to build and maintain game projects and services
- Detecting bottlenecks in the game development process, then designing and implementing solutions for it
- Helping with planning, grooming and scheduling tasks on a backlog and making sure the assigned tasks are being done according to the plan
- Helping less experienced members of the team when they are struggling with a task
- Developing software according to agreed practices and priority
Who we think will do great in this role:
- Commercial experience developing games and/or services for games
- Unity3D development and C# programming experience
- Experience of building game servers/services (ideally on AWS)
- Game programming and SDK development for iOS and Android
- General understanding of how software works from OS to the highest level
- Experience with test frameworks and continuous integration systems
- Experience in agile software development methods
- Fluent in English
1. First call with Talent Acquisition, getting a broad picture of your experiences
2. Homework assignment
3.Technical deep-dive to present your work to the future team
5. Final interview with VP of Technology, focusing on our core values
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
What to expect when you join us
Meet the Rovians
Apply for this job
Location: Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed