We build synthetic environments and simulations of huge scale and complexity, which help defence and national security personnel make faster and more informed decisions. You’ll work alongside a team of experts, combining our innovative technology for virtual worlds with computational modelling, data analytics and distributed systems. Join us and help build the virtual worlds defence experts use to plan, train and make life-saving decisions in – to keep us all safe in the real world.
We believe that the grand-scale adoption of synthetic environments by governments and international institutions will give rise to a powerful capability for global good. New levels of whole-force preparedness and the harnessing of previously unattainable foresight will ultimately prevent states from stumbling into war; contributing to a more secure and prosperous world and bringing about the end of unnecessary human conflict.
Improbable Defence develops a software platform that enables the creation of these synthetic environments, with the aim of providing truly full spectrum synthetic training and planning platforms. This will ultimately make defence users more effective when deployed on modern, multi-domain operations and plummet the cost of military preparedness.
- Get involved across all aspects of the engineering workflow both as a contributor and lead/reviewer. This includes reviews, architecture design documentation, prototyping, concepting, technology selection and data strategy.
- Coaching and mentoring a team of engineers, guiding them towards best practices.
- Working with designers to develop a design system consisting of reusable component libraries, style guides and guidelines.
- Produce reusable client layers that facilitate access to other Skyral services.
- Own the frontend architectural and integration decisions for the Skyral Modelling & Development area.
- Understanding our users’ current requirements, and anticipating future needs.
- Supporting our customers with integrating our components into their solutions.
Why You're Made For This:
- Experience with containerised deployments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience implementing CI/CD practices such as git branching, automated tests and automated deployment pipelines
- You have excellent engineering and problem-solving skills and are able to design solutions under product, technology, scientific, and security constraints.
- Exposure to Node.js is a benefit.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-04-29