Jam City, a leading mobile games developer, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to perform analytical and reporting tasks primarily financial in nature. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating, analyzing, and communicating monthly business results to key stakeholders, maintaining Adaptive Insights to drive enterprise-wide planning, budgeting, and forecasting efficiencies and reporting visibility, and collaborating with the accounting team to resolve general ledger-related issues. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics, 3-5 years of working experience as a financial analyst/senior financial analyst, and experience working with financial statements. The company offers a range of benefits, including unlimited vacation, paid sick days and holidays, 100% employee covered medical, dental, vision plan base plan, life insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, catered lunches, and well-stocked kitchens. The salary range for this position is $81,000 to $141,000 per year.
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to perform analytical and reporting tasks, primarily financial in nature, for all Company activities that will assist management, investors, and other key stakeholders in making educated economic decisions about the Company's future.
- Takes ownership of the development, maintenance and analysis of the Company’s annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Generate, analyze and communicate monthly business results to key stakeholders of the company through various reports (board of directors, executive team, studio GMs, and department heads).
- Track the company’s actual performance against various forecasts on a vendor or game specific basis. Provide clear and concise variance analyses that describe metrics and other variance drivers
- Maintain Adaptive Insights to drive enterprise-wide planning, budgeting, and forecasting efficiencies and reporting visibility
- Collaborate with the accounting team to resolve general ledger-related issues as part of the month-end review and monthly reporting process.
- Create detailed OpEx forecast templates and work with cost center leaders to populate and track against actuals and manage costs.
- Provide support for quarterly and annual audit reviews.
- Provide management with financial analyses related to ongoing M&A deals.
- Create various ad-hoc analyses, models, and reports as needed in all areas revenue, cost of sales, and marketing.
- Takes the initiative to drive continuous process improvements to improve data quality and automate financial processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics from an accredited University.
- 3-5 years working experience as a financial analyst/senior financial analyst and experience working with financial statements.
- Proactive, analytical thinker with the ability to complete tasks on time.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and high priority tasks
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft tools.
- Adaptive Insights/Office Connect experience strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Attention to detail and high level of accountability.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work well with cross-functional groups, including Executive Management.
NICE TO HAVE
- Audit / Big 4
- Fast-paced, technology industry background
- Availability to come in to LA office as needed
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $81,000 — $141,000 salary per year.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Location: Culver City, CA
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-17