PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This role is the key Finance business partner for the PS Store team globally working with them to ensure that the performance is challenged and understood. This role provides the commercial analytical support to enable the business to measure against financial target KPIs. It plays an important role providing support and advise for new propositions/games and promotions.
- Detail oriented and commercially focused finance business partner to support the PS Store global business.
- Commercial modelling and challenge for all promotion and investment proposals. Providing detailed and accurate modelling as well as commercial challenge.
- Return on investment for all promotion activities with recommendations for process and commercial improvements.
- Reporting to the Director, D2C & Service Commercial Finance Lead working with a large range of stakeholders across PlayStation globally, responsible for challenging, consolidating and reporting on forecast submissions.
- Responsible for the financial planning governance and coordination with Global FP&A for the PS Store forecast contributing to the accurate and timely production of the monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts/budgets.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Commercial Finance Operations
- Manage all Store commercial finance operations
- Provide business partnering support to D2C business planning team and coordinate across internal FP&A team as needed (FP&A hub, reporting & analysis, Commercial hub, etc.)
- Perform store-specific analysis, e.g., business cases and consumer investment analysis
- Facilitate interaction of Commercial finance team with Commercial hub and FP&A hub
- Drive business results through performing what-if / scenario planning through margin
Challenging, monitoring, & providing insights on performance
- Recipient of revenue and promotion forecast for annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and monthly flash submissions
- Provide critique and challenge plans set forth by GSS business planning team e.g., evaluate trends, analyze product mixes
- Provide insights, analytics and commentary on standard management reports with a focus around margin analysis to senior leadership
- Ensure alignment between Store and Services
What we're looking for:
- Qualified Accountant or MBA with at least 5 years relevant PQE in a finance function
- Senior level business partner experience ideally at board or global level
- Strong financial background with ability to evaluate financial impact of business decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (VBA level an advantage).
- SAP / BW experience with experience of planning tools including their development and project management preferred.
- Experience of working in a regional /global environment.
- Experience of digital products or subscription services preferable (i.e. online services & entertainment business (Games/ Film / Music)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to present detailed analyses.
- Organised self-starter, with drive and ambition who thrives under pressure, and is capable of confidently working alongside the most senior stakeholders across the wider business.
- Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy & adherence to deadlines.
- Able to identify and develop opportunities to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ways of working through continuous process improvement practices
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym/Gym Allowance
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
- Flexible/Hybrid working (FlexModes)
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed