PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Product Manager (Experimentation Platform)
We’re looking for an exceptional product leader for the PlayStation Experimentation Platform team and enable our business and product teams to transform ideas into testable features. We’re looking for a candidate to build the platform that brings intelligence to the features and products we release.
- Partner with product development teams across PlayStation to define the future functionality of PlayStation’s experimentation platform
- Develop and promote the future vision of experimentation across the PlayStation community
- Prioritize requests from diverse partners to inform and realize that vision
- Gather user feedback and usage data to understand business goals, validate product assumptions, and communicate requirements
- Collaborate with engineers to manage scope and maintain a healthy balance between velocity and quality of new features
- Strategize about roadmap decisions, discuss high-level vision, and share insights from your experience in the experimentation space
You must have a proven track record to:
- Articulate a product vision and execution strategy for engineers and other product managers using the product
- Build tools for internal product-market fit and widespread adoption among data scientists engineers, product managers, and business operators
- Provide prioritized roadmaps based on data and collaboarating across teams
- Infuse an experimentation culture across different parts of the organization
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager (or related role) building platform solutions
- A strong understanding of best-in-class experimentation practices and the services required to increase velocity and quality of experiment results
- Experience product managing a public facing analytics platforms or platform used by software developers, machine learning practitioners or data scientists
- Experience with large-scale systems and building platforms
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation
Nice to have:
- Background in statistics, data science, mathematics or related field
- Familiarity with Bayesian experimentation methodologies, n-armed bandits and optimization methods
- Formerly accountable for design and delivery of significant engagement or revenue impacting experiments, services or experience
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Francisco, CA
Country: United States