Remedy Entertainment is seeking a Senior Environment Artist to work on either the Control or Max Payne franchise. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating high-quality environments, owning their level, and collaborating with the level team. They will have expert-level understanding of shape, composition, and layout, and be familiar with Maya, 3DS Max, or other 3D software packages. The role requires a good understanding of gameplay and level design, as well as the ability to communicate and present ideas clearly. Remedy offers an extensive set of employee benefits, opportunities for skill development, and a supportive work-life balance. The studio is based in Helsinki, Finland, with a new location in Stockholm, Sweden, and offers a hybrid work model with full-time remote options within Europe for some senior roles.
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Environment Artist for a key role working on the Control franchise or the Max Payne franchise.
From Cauldron Lake, Monarch HQ to the Oldest House; the environments our artists skillfully craft play a critical part in the world building and setting of the story of our games. We are now looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join us in creating high quality environments within the Control franchise
If you like the idea of taking ownership of a level and having a major role in developing the look of the environments while contributing to the overall game experience, then this job is for you!
What you get to do
- Be an important part of the environment creation by owning your level and setting up the environments in collaboration with your level team (environment art and level design). You enjoy creative problem-solving by creating prototypes and iterating on the levels using our proprietary engine, Northlight
- As a Senior Environment Artist, you are capable of blocking out whole locations to levels with greater understanding of art direction, gameplay, player guidance and metrics. Being responsible for your own level you get creative ownership with finding and maintaining the vision for that level.
- You actively follow the development of environment creation technology and pipelines in the industry and work together with the Northlight tools team in improving our proprietary technology
- Advise, review and provide feedback and guidance to external development on maintaining the quality and art style of assets
- Proactively communicate with different departments and provide accurate time estimations for your work
- Support your colleagues by mentoring and reviewing the work of more junior members of the team
What you bring to the role
- You have demonstrable work experience as a Senior Environment Artist, Senior Level Architect or in equivalent role
- You have expert level understanding of shape, composition, and layout
- You are familiar working either within Maya, 3DS Max or other 3D software package and have good technical understanding of game engines
- You have good understanding for gameplay and level design
- You are self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- Additionally, background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or architecture and experience of using level/environment editors are beneficial in this role
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues. With some of our senior roles we can consider full-time remote options within Europe.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV or LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Date found: 2023-03-17