Gunzilla Games, an independent AAA developer, is seeking a Senior Environment Artist to work on their Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid project. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating photorealistic assets, taking assets through the full production pipeline, set dressing, and helping to scope work for on-time milestone delivery. The candidate should have fluency in game development processes and PBR asset creation workflows, excellent foundational skills, and experience delivering high-quality environment content on multiple AAA productions. Gunzilla Games offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks and gym membership. The company values players first and foremost, commitment to engagement and quality, making bold moves and innovating, and being open and honest.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for a Senior Environment Artist. You will help us to create amazing art and bring your soul to our brand new shiny world.
- As a Senior Environment Artist, you are responsible for:
- Working autonomously to create organic and hard surface photorealistic assets from a style guide or concept art.
- Taking assets through the full production pipeline including phases of sculpting, high poly to low poly bakes, texture and geometry optimization, creation and planning of modular kits, and material assignation.
- Set dressing in-editor with mindful attention to the project’s tech limitations and rules.
- Helping scope work for on-time milestone delivery.
- Taking ownership of specific areas of content while providing actions to others as needed.
- Work actively with designers and other artists to achieve the best look for the game.
- Share knowledge of project tools and their functions.
- Support the Lead Environment Artist and other artists in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
- Fluency in game development processes and PBR asset creation workflows.
- Excellent foundational skills.
- Understanding of an industry-leading level editor, Unreal a plus.
- Passion for the state of the art production techniques and dedication to asset fidelity.
- Strong knowledge of Substance / Quixel packages.
- Fluent in industry-standard software for 3d art production.
- An eye for set design, environment composition, and photorealism.
- A tech-minded approach, strong capacity to tweak and optimize content in all parts of the asset creation pipeline.
- Experience with modularity in the context of environment art creation.
- Previous experience delivering high-quality environment content on multiple AAA productions.
- Experience lighting set pieces a plus.
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-17