At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Our studio was founded in 2008 by several Treyarch veterans as The Workshop. For eight years, we built our reputation in the AAA console space working on hit titles such as Gears of War, XCom 2, Sorcery and The Evil Within.
In 2016, we joined forces with Skydance Media to form Skydance Interactive and set our sights on becoming the premiere studio in the burgeoning arena of Virtual Reality. Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2018 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.
With the success of the award winning multi-platform hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, we are seeking a Senior Environment Artist for our upcoming next-generation VR game projects.
If you aspire to tell amazing stories through games with your artistic acumen, we’d love to hear from you.
- Model, texture, and set dress beautiful environments that support gameplay and drive narrative
- Collaborate with a team to transform concept art and designer gray box into fully realized levels
- Create a wide variety of assets with a focus on organics, natural environments, and landscapes
- Deliver assets optimized for UE4, imported with LODs, texture atlases, channel packing, and efficient UE4 materials
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Good understanding of composition, color, lighting, and visual storytelling
- Ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing environments
- Experience in game development crafting playable environments
- Experience working in 3D software packages including ZBrush and Maya or 3DS Max
- Experience in procedural sculpting and texture creation using Substance Designer
- Experience with PBR workflows (Substance Tools, Photoshop, etc.)
- Knowledge of optimization techniques for models, textures, materials, and levels
- Experience working with UE4 or equivalent game engines
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience on VR / AR projects
- Experience using photogrammetry/scanned assets to build real time assets
# Media #art #gaming
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Santa Monica, Los Angeles
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed